The Health Equality North East team are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website endeavours to conform to level Treble-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Health Equality North East website, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you cannot use our text resizing feature you may be able to achieve the same results through your browser:
- Internet Explorer 6 - Select View and highlight Text size
- Internet Explorer 7 - Select Page and highlight Text size
- Other browsers (Windows) - Hold down CTRL key and press + to increase text size, hold down CTRL and press - to decrease.
- Other browsers (Mac) - Hold down the Command (CMD) key and press + to increase text size, hold down CTRL and press - to decrease
These can be accessed in the following way:
- Internet Explorer - Hold down ALT
- Safari - Hold down CTRL
- Other browsers - Hold ALT and Shift
Then press one of the following keys below
- 'S' to skip to the content
- '0' to jump to the site navigation
- '1' to return to the homepage
- '2' to find out more about us
- '3' to view our latest events
- '4' to access our resources
- '5' to access contact us
- '6' for useful links
- 't' to see our terms and conditions
Context Sensitive Help
When completing forms or potentially confusing activities on the website, we have provided context sensitive help - you can access this by clicking the Help link or the Help me complete this form link near the element, this will show you more information to help you complete the form